Tuesday 20 April 2010

Sonic Youth - Rain King




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYGiJgH6Js

Listen to it on 11.

Speaking of Buddhist monks, I have a funny story about a Buddhist nun I once caught practicing pickup lines. Flashwayback to '05 (a year of bushy tails and bright eyes). I was in Gimpo, walking home at 7 a.m. one fine morning, and I found myself 20 feet behind a diminutive Buddhist nun. My legs being longer, I quickly overtook her. I'm a silent padding creeper, so she didn't hear my approach. As I came up alongside her, I heard her saying something over and over. "Ah!" I thought, "She's practicing a prayer of some kind. I feel like I'm in 'Lost in Translation' or something!" Then I heard what she was repeatedly saying. "What kind of music do you like? I would like to meet you." In English. Oops, busted. She was mortified as I walked by. Weird, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment